I. Create a Category that will be used for recoloring the image layer.
- Read article called 'Customization - Color Thumbnails. Product options listed as HEX. (i.e: Colors).
II. Create a Custom Layer that will be used for product preview image.
Fill in the following fields in the Settings tab
Title: some title. the more descriptive the better.
View: change view
Panel to select: there is no need to fill
Image: You need to upload PNG image in the same way you upload images for the preview inside of Category Options.
Fill in the following fields in the Advanced tab
- Colorize image layer [ o] Enable
- Create a new custom layer with “Image” type. How to do this, see the tab “Custom Layers”.
- Choose in custom layer the panel in which the necessary category is located.
- Choose in custom layer the category in which the required option is located with “Color thumbnail” type only. (Created in step 1 at the top of the page)
- Blend with color-overlay. A recoloring method that improves the quality of recoloring of photo realistic product layers, versus white based layer masks.
- Layer Opacity: layer opacity level. Goes from 0 to 1. Which translates to 0% to 100% opacity.
Now, the functionality is ready to use. Switch colors and your image will be painted in the right color without the need to upload new images.
IMPORTANT: To make sure the product categories / options are saved properly – first click SAVE at the bottom of the category / panel / option screen, and only after that the SAVE button at the top of the page.