With the help of this instruction you can not just add text, but give the buyer the opportunity to choose from the options for color, size and font. We present you a powerful tool for working with text layers.
One color, one font, one size.
For the most ideas, you do not need more than one type of font design. And you need to perform just a couple of simple actions.
If you want to allow your users add some text (monogram), for example, print on a T-shirt, you need to do the following:
Inside one of the panels create a new category. You can call it ‘Add Monogram’.
Create an option under the category i.e ‘Add Your Text’.
Save. Click ‘x’.
Click on the ‘Custom Layers’ icon in the top left corner above the preview image.
In the panel that opened up on the right side create a new custom layer and select the fill in the fields:
In the general settings choose:
Panel: the panel in which the necessary category is located
Category: the category in which the required option is located
Option: option with “Add Your Monogram” type only.
An example can be viewed from this link. The “Simple color” tab.
Multi color, multi font, multi size.
Sometimes it is necessary that there are a lot of fonts, colors and the possibility of resizing. In this situation, it takes a little longer, but the result is worth it.
- Create a new custom layers with “Text” type. For each color a separate layer. For each font a separate layer. For each font size a separate layer. How to do this, see the tab “Custom Layers”.
- Create a new Panel
- For color switching create a new “Color thumbnail” category and add color thumbnail options.
- For font switching create a new “Image Thumbnail” category and add image thumbnail options with uploaded samples of font images.
- For size switching create a new “Text list” category and add text list options.
- Create a new Panel with the “Text field” category and add text field option.
- Set up the rulers in each Custom Layer
You need to make Custom layer shown if the user selects the desired color, size and font
An example can be viewed from this link. The “Multi color” tab.
This description is just an example. The way you set it up depends entirely on your imagination.
For better understanding the process of creating custom text please watch the following videos:
IMPORTANT: To make sure the product categories / options are saved properly – first click SAVE at the bottom of the category / panel / option screen, and only after that the SAVE button at the top of the page.