If you want to allow your users upload some image, for example, photo in a frame in a predefined static area, you need to create a custom layer and then associate it with a category 'Image Upload'.
- Inside one of the panels create a new category. You can call it ‘Upload Your Artwork’.
- Create an option under the category i.e ‘Upload Image’.
- Save. Click ‘x’.
- Click on the ‘Custom Layers’ icon in the top left corner above the preview image.
- In the panel that opened up on the right side create a new custom layer and select the fill in the fields:
- In the general settings choose:
- Panel: the panel in which the necessary category is located
- Category: the category in which the required option is located
- Option: option with “File Upload” type only.
- In the advanced tab select the Panel > Category > Option (Image Upload) that was created in the first step.
- Adjust the path on the image preview to the location where you want the uploaded artwork to show up.
- Click Save and collapse settings by pressing the button.
On the frontend the users can now upload an image and do basic manipulations with it: zoom in / zoom out, fit into the area vertically or horizontally.
Here is a video:
IMPORTANT: To make sure the product categories / options are saved properly – first click SAVE at the bottom of the category / panel / option screen, and only after that the SAVE button at the top of the page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.