With the help of this category, you can implement field customization for each product added to the cart.
Fields can also have an editable default value.
Let's look at this by choosing an engraving template for one or more trophies added to the basket:
- We have a panel called "ENGRAVING", but you can use your name. Click on the "Add first customization" button to create a new category:
- In the new window that appears, enter:
1 - Title ("One Engraving Template")
2 - Type of category ("Engraving For Wholesale")
3 - Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the window
- In the created category, click on the "Edit options" button.
In the new window that appears, сlick on the "New option +" button
- Fill in the 1-2-3 fields (highlighted in the screenshot) and click on the "Save" button
- By analogy, we will create another option in this category
- Let's create another engraving template, but with different values. To do this, click on the 'Copy' button near the previously created category
- Now edit the options of copied category and set other default values
You can use other values that are convenient for you
- Now create an auxiliary category that allows us to switch engraving templates
Important, select type "Dropdown"
Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the window.
- Let's move our templates under Dropdown
Now we have a logical order of categories,
- Create and bind Dropdown options to our engraving templates.
- Edit the category of the first template
- Set the following options in the Logic section:
For 1st template
For 2st template
- The last stage is the creation of layers on which we will display the text from the template fields (option) on the image of our trophy:
This article may be helpful:
Now go to the "Logic" tab
Now go to the "Advanced" tab and set additional parameters
- By analogy, for each option, each category - we create a new "layer" and adapt it based on paragraph 13.
As a result, we have 4 layers for 4 options, which are displayed depending on the selected value in the Dropdown "Choose Engraving Template"
- Go to settings and set the default Dropdown value for 1st engraving template
- Save all our changes - 1 and go to the product page - 2 to test it
We're done with product setup.
Let's see the video how it worked!