There are multiple ways to use SKU feature in CPB.
- Track (deduct)inventory from existing Shopify products that are also a part of custom products.
- Pass option SKUs as custom product properties. Added in square brackets [ ]. (No automatic inventory tracking - but can be used in your custom apps and ERPs)
- Pass combined SKU to cart from all options. The SKU will be concatenated on the order level. (No automatic inventory tracking - but can be used in your custom apps and ERPs)
- Generate Shopify products related to the custom product options to track (deduct) inventory. (in progress)
Track (deduct) inventory from existing Shopify products that are also a part of custom products.
In order to track inventory for custom options you need to connect them to existing variants in your Shopify store.
- Enable Inventory Management Setting under CPB Product > Settings > SKU Management > Enable Inventory Management.
- If you haven't granted previously required permissions you will be prompted to accept them now:
- Next add SKUs from your existing Shopify product variants that exist in your store to matching custom product builder options.
- Now whenever an order is placed the item will be automatically deducted from the inventory.
- If the order is marked 'Restock' inside order details - the inventory will be automatically added back.
- If the product inventory DOES NOT have setting 'Continue Selling When Out Of Stock' enabled - whenever the option is out of stock - it will be hidden from the custom product builder frontend.
Note: if there are 3 products in inventory and customer orders 10 it will show pop-up explaining that there are not enough items available.
Here is a video instruction.
Pass option SKUs as custom product properties. Added in square brackets [ ].
If you don't need to track inventory, but need to add option SKUs to order details for fulfilment purposes only. (Send SKUs as product properties to ERP for example) follow these steps.
- Add SKUs to options:
- Enable Setting under CPB Product > Settings > SKU Management > Append SKU To Cart properties
That's it. In cart and order details all options will display with SKUs in brackets. [ SKU ]. You can use this info for your custom inventory management solution.
Updating all options related to products by SKU
This function is for updating the Inventory settings of all options related to Shopify products. If the "Track quantity" or "Continue Selling When Out of Stock" settings have been changed in the Shopify product settings, it will not automatically change in the CPB product options.
If you've changed the "Track quantity" or "Continue Selling When Out of Stock" settings in your Shopify product, please open the CPB product settings, go to the "SKU Management" tab and Update all SKU, Apply the changes, Save the product and Refresh the page to see the changes.
IMPORTANT: To make sure the product categories / options are saved properly – first click SAVE at the bottom of the category / panel / option screen, and only after that the SAVE button at the top of the page.