If your product requires additional or complicated calculations you can add the Calculator customization which will affect the price of your product. Here is the guide on how to use this customization.
In order to learn formulas for Calculator Customization - Read OpenOffice Calc Docs
1. We need to create the fields that will be calculated. Let's say we are building a Custom Carpet and we want our customers to choose both length and width of it. In order to do it create new customizations "Autogenerated dropdown" or Quantity Input field.
2. Choose Minimum value, Maximum value and Step. The step can be set both as fraction and decimal. To choose the step type, press the "edit choice" button.
3. Add new options for the other measurements you require. To save your time, you can just copy the option and rename it.
4. We will also need to add other options that will affect the price. In our example it is material, and we will need to set different price to the material. It can be customization of any type you need.
5. Now we create "Price Formulas. Open Office Calc" type of option.
6. Here you can see the calculator interface. You will need to set options from which numbers will come from. It can be either Value, price or text from the option.
In our example, we need to calculate the area of the carpet and find out price depending on the material. So we need to multiply the value of options Width and Length and Price of Material option.
7. Press calculate button to see that there are no errors in the formula.
IMPORTANT: Use Undo/Redo/Reset buttons for easier work with the formula, as well as cancel/save buttons.
Here is how it will work: there won't be additional calculate field and the sum will be shown directly in the Price field