This feature allows your customers to pay a deposit instead of a full price at the checkout.
Please note! This type of custom options conflicts with the following:
— the ‘Bundle Builder Mode’ feature, and
— the ‘Additional Price Field’ custom option type.
Please keep this in mind when configuring your product. Using more than one of the features mentioned above at the same time in the same product will lead to errors and/or unexpected performance.
Now, let’s see how we can enable this feature.
Since the ‘Deposit Percentage' feature is essentially a type of a custom option, first we need to add a new custom option. A new window will pop up displaying various settings. For now, let’s focus on the basics: fill in the first field called ‘Title’ with any name you deem fitting and select the respective type — ‘Deposit Percentage'.
(adding our new custom option and selecting its type)
Great! Now let’s add some choices to our custom option. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see a section called ‘Add / Edit Custom Option Choices’. Add as many as you want by clicking the ‘Add new choice’ button.
(adding new choices)
These choices will represent various deposit amounts that you’re willing to provide your customers with as payment options. For illustrative purposes, let’s go with 3 different amounts — 20%, 50% and 100% of the full price. Let’s quickly go through the fields and fill them in!
- ‘Label’ is where you enter your choice’s name,
- ‘Price’, in this particular case, will stand for the percentage that your customers will pay if they select the choice. It must be a non-negative integer number,
- add SKU in the ‘SKU’ field if you’re using the inventory feature.
(3 choices with filled in fields)
Now that we’re done with setting up our new custom option and its choices, let’s save our progress by clicking the ‘Save Custom Option’ button in the upper right corner of the page.
(saving the custom option)
It’s time to see how it works! While on the product page, disable the Admin mode by clicking on the button, go to the Step in which your Deposit Percentage custom option is located and select one of the choices of the custom option. Notice how the total price of the product changes depending on the percentage selected.
(disabling the admin mode to get a preview of the product)
(the final price changes depending on the percentage chosen)
A few things to remember:
- before setting up the ‘Deposit Percentage’ custom option, make sure that your product doesn't have any features conflicting with it,
- at checkout, your customers will pay the previously chosen deposit amount, not the original full price; an additional agreement with your customers needs to be made for further payment(-s).
Please sign in to leave a comment.