This article describes how to track stocks using Fast Bundle mode functionality.
You can find this function in Settings -> SKU management -> Inventory management. It is available only for users with a Pro plan.
Fast Bundle mode has the best from both the Inventory management (loading speed) and Bundle mode (Displaying purchases in reports)
Connecting Choices to SKUs
In order to track inventory for custom choices you need to connect them to existing variants in your Shopify store.
First, enable Inventory Management Setting under CPB Product > Settings > SKU Management > Fast Bundle builder mode
- Next, add SKUs from your existing Shopify product variants that exist in your store to the matching choices. The product which contains SKUs can be either active or draft. Please note, that inventory will be subtracted only from the main location, due to restrictions from the Shopify side. The product MUST be active. Drafted products will not work with the Fast Bundle builder.
Scroll down to the list of choices, and SKU to the matching fields. If you turn on Inventory management, Connect icon will appear. You need to click on it to connect the choice with SKU.
If you have done everything correctly, a green checkmark icon will appear. If you point on it you will see to which product it is connected to.
- In the cart, each SKU will be displayed as a separate product. The price will be picked up from the product page in Shopify. The price will also be excluded from the base product. If all options are connected to the SKUs - the base product will cost 0. You can learn how to remove 0 priced products from the cart in this article
- Now whenever an order is placed the item will be automatically deducted from the inventory.
- The purchased SKUs will also be displayed in the Analytics after the order is placed.
- If the order is marked 'Restock' inside order details - the inventory will be automatically added back.
- If the product inventory DOES NOT have the setting 'Continue Selling When Out Of Stock' enabled - whenever the option is out of stock - it will be hidden from the custom product builder frontend.
The out-of-stock choices will be indicated in red. "Deny" means that "Continue Selling When Out Of Stock" is turned off. (This indication currently shows up only for Single Choice - Thumbnails).
Note: if there are 3 products in inventory and the customer orders 10 it will show a pop-up explaining that there are not enough items available.
Indiction on the image thumbnails.
If you are using Single choice - Image thumbnails, you might have noticed green and red indications on the choices. Below is explained, what these indications mean.
Checking for errors in SKUs
To make sure that all SKUs are connected correctly, please do the following:
Settings -> SKU management -> Update all SKUs
If there will be errors in SKUs - it will be indicated on this screen. You will need to reconnect the indicated SKUs.
Display choice when out of stock
If you want to keep the Choice displayed, even when it is out of stock, but make it unselectable, you need to do the following:
Press edit on the option
Scroll down to the list of choices. Press edit on the choice:
Scroll to the Inventory section, and select checkbox "Show when out of stock" and Save Choice -> Save option -> Save product
Here is what it will look like, this choice is unclickable:
Order return or cancelation
In case the order is canceled or returned in the Shopify Orders section - the SKU will be added back.
In the screenshot below, you can see it subtracted after the order is placed, and then you can see it added back once the order was canceled.