This feature generates a unique SKU for a placed order; this unique SKU is a result of all other SKUs that are connected to your choices combined together. This final SKU can be used for fulfillment purposes and/or inventory tracking.
Let’s see how we can enable this feature in CPB.
First, open your CPB product and go to ‘Settings’, find the ‘SKU management’ tab and click on it.
(settings and SKU management)
Scroll down a bit until you see a section called ‘Combined SKU Management’.
(combined SKU management section)
Let’s take a closer look at what we have here:
- ‘Base SKU override’ — an input field. You can enter a specific SKU for your entire product here. Your final combined SKU will start with it, followed by SKUs of your choices.
- ‘Separate combined SKU by Steps’ — this feature allows you to split your final combined SKU into several parts, depending on how many Steps you have in your product. Each Step will have a combined SKU specific to the choices your customer selects within the Step.
- ‘SKU constructor’ — this is where you decide which Custom Options will be present in your final Combined SKU.
Let’s start with the SKU constructor. Right now, none of them are selected and all of your custom options are located in the 'Unused Custom options' section. Pick whatever custom options you need for your final combined SKU and click on them. The rest of them won’t be a part of it,. Below the selected Custom Options you can also see an example of your final Combined SKU if you already have your SKUs filled in (per Step, if you have enabled the feature earlier)
(picking custom options; you can drag them to change the order)
If you have not filled in your SKUs yet, now is a great time to do it. First, you can add a SKU prefix to each Step. Go to each Step’s settings page, scroll down a bit until you see a field called ‘Step Combined SKU Prefix’. This prefix will be added before your Combined SKU for the current Step.
(settings and step prefix field)
Now let’s add SKUs to our choices. Go to each custom option’s settings that will form your final combined SKU and enter your SKUs.
(filling in the SKUs for our Lid Design custom option)
Now that we’re done with SKUs, let’s see it in action. If you have the Summary Step enabled, your combined SKU will be visible there (with admin mode turned off).
(our combined SKU in the summary step)
Combined SKU is also added to the cart as your product’s properties. Let’s see how it’ll look like there.
First, save your progress and click the ‘Preview’ button.
(saving and clicking the preview button)
Now, pick some choices like a customer would and add your product to your cart.
(selecting choices and adding the product to cart)
(this is what our product looks like in cart)
Now, let’s take a closer look at what we have here. Since we’ve chosen to separate our Combined SKU by Steps, each combined SKU for each Step has a specific name that follows this rule: ‘StepName - SKU: …’
We have 3 Steps in total, so we have 3 Combined SKUs for each of them:
- ‘1.GIFTBOX - SKU: StepPrefixLID1RIBBON2’, ***
- ‘2.BRIDAL WEAR - SKU: OLIVIAOLIVIA-S’,
- ‘3.CONTENTS - SKU: FACEMASKCANDLE2NOTECARDBLACK’
*** As you remember, in the beginning of our guide we’ve added a Prefix to one of our steps. As you can see, it’s being added to the start of the combined SKU itself, as in: StepPrefixName + combined SKU for the current Step.
That's all you need to know about our combined SKU feature!
A few things to remember:
- you can change the order of the selected custom options by dragging them into the desired position;
- you can easily determine which custom options will be included in the final combined SKU in the SKU management section;
- if some of your choices misses SKU, they won’t appear in the combined SKU even if you specified the relevant custom options in the SKU management section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.